Covid-19 guidelines the world, so it determines the topics for our podcast. Similar to others, we moved from studio recording to residence recording. Mainly working from residence (WFH) and adapting our manner of working. So we predict it’s time to spent three smaller episodes on this topic as nicely and share our experiences.
We construct up a trilogy which can cowl the next topics:
- Episode Workplace Automation: creating the stipulations for WFH. A peek behind the display screen of our Workplace Automation hero’s. Sharing how they ready and confirmed their contribution in these unsure occasions.
- Episode Season load: What are the Penalties of the Corona measurements on our e-commerce platform and IT techniques.
- Episode Approach of Working: How we moved from 1 workplace into 2000 places of work and the way our 600 folks tech neighborhood tailored to this new actuality.
As e-commerce participant we’re within the lucky scenario we can proceed working and we will even contribute to serving to folks keep protected. The query, how will we facilitate all this from a tech perspective and even nonetheless innovate with our innovation groups? How will we adapt our manner of working to this new regular?
As bol.com we are typically working carefully collectively on the identical bodily location. We need everybody who contributes in and to the crew as shut as attainable. In these circumstances that isn’t attainable. So, what did we adapt? Now we have been taking measures for over a month now. Time to look again, mirror and share some learnings and good practices.
Please remember: This episode was recorded on the thirtieth. of March originally of the third. week WFH.
We’re absolutely conscious that within the 4th. week, as we’re in proper now, WFH normalizes however variations between folks in groups are seen. Power ranges aren’t as excessive as the primary weeks.
- Burgert Kirsten – Coach or as we launched him in a earlier episode Human Systems Architect. Undecided whether or not you’ll be capable to inform throughout this episode however with a love for improv theatre.
- Marijn Goedegebure – Software program engineer. All for Visible Impression.
Peter Paul van de Beek
Burgert referred to an organization which has WFH by design with over 1100 staff by now. This firm is automattic. Identified from WordPress. Certainly one of their statements: “Everybody works from the placement they select. We’re unfold out everywhere in the world in additional than 70 international locations”. The podcast Burgert is referring to known as Making Sense Podcast with Sam Harris.